jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cooke <matt...@connextra.com>
Subject RE: Thread deadlock in CacheEventQueue class
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:51:46 GMT
We had major problems when we used the remotecache configuration in push
mode rather than delete mode (removeOnPut).

At the time we strongly suspected a deadlock caused by the local puts
placing cached items back into the local memory caches when they
recieved async put events from the remotecache.

Could the deadlock we were seeing when using remotePuts have been the
same thing? We are quite keen to try remotePuts again as this
functionality would be very useful to us (would allow iteration over
whole caches on individual machines). As the deadlock was only occuring
under high load we don't have a reliable way to test.

Any advice appreciated!