jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Time to draw data from the JCS
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:43:24 GMT
It depends on the configuration.  If your unit test
has the log level for JCS set to debug, then it will
be much much slower.  If your unit tests is configured
to use a disk cache and the production test is not,
then the times could be affected, but not by that
much. . . .  Under all conditions that I've seen,
except for some 1.3 vm's on linux, JCS should operate
at under or around 2 times the speed of a hashtable.
The JCS unit tests enforce that JCS be under 2.5 times
a hashtable for sequential key puts.  On 1.4 vm's it
exceeds this requirement by far.

I suspect that it is logging that is making the
difference between your production and test times.

Aaron