jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Thread deadlock in CacheEventQueue class
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:48:05 GMT
I suspect that it was the remove / put problem that I solved in 1.1.2.
It was the only known problem of that sort.  It may be due to iteration
but I thought this was resolved.  Iteration is very problematic on an
active collection.  There is no really good way to do it.  We basically
copy the keys in fail fast mode.  Were you seeing unrecoverable deadlock
or just temporary lags?

I'll try some more strenuous testing.  The big problem is that it is
very difficult to create automated tests for the remote and lateral
caches.  I mainly rely on the tester script.  I have a random function
that will beat the hell out of the cache. . . . .

Aaron