jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Tim Cocks <tco...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot work out how to get push working
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:16:44 GMT
All,

We have JCS working in a pull configuration, with several clients
consulting the master cache when they need to.  We would like to
change this to push, but have yet to manage it.  We have tried setting
'RemoveUponRemotePut' to 'false', as the documentation appears to
suggest, to no avail.  We also investigated doing it by clustering,
but came to the conclusion it was inappropriate for our needs.

I'd be grateful if someone could explain the basic steps required to
make JCS push instead of pull,  and/or supply some simple
configuration files.

We are running a version of JCS checked out of Turbine's CVS
repository yesterday.

Tim Cocks