jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Travis Savo <ts...@IFILM.com>
Subject RE: Cache Expiration
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:32:55 GMT
To expire elements automatically after they've been in cache for a specified
timeout, use:

jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=

or

jcs.region.myRegion.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=

To remove all elements from a cache regardless of how long they've been in
cache, call remove() on the cache. If you need this done after a specified
timeout, use a timer task.

Cache regions do not expire: elements expire. So the answer to your second
question is no, unless you've called cache.dispose().

-Travis Savo <tsavo@ifilm.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajkumar Singh [mailto:raj.singh@patni.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 5:55 AM
To: turbine-jcs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Ani Prabhakaran (E-mail)
Subject: Cache Expiration

Hi

How to expire the entire region of cache i.e. I want entire objects in the
cache to be deleted once the specified time is over. Is this possible if yes
how that is configured in CCF file

And other thing that I want to know if the cache region is expired then do I
need to recreate the entire cache using static method getInstance()  of JCS
class?

Thanks
Raj