jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "K.Anand Kumar" <post2an...@yahoo.com>
Subject General Query on Caching & JCS
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:20:45 GMT
Hello All,
        Here are some of my queries in JCS caching...

1. If i load the no. of objects into the cache more than as what i specified for
jcs.region.jcsCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects, then when retirening back from the cache,
no datas are available. Say for example, when i set the value as 10 and when i try to load
more than or equal to 10, then when retrieving back, i couldn't able to get the single or
lastly stored 9 values. Whereas i load the datas less than 10, then i can.

2. Is there any other value can be set to jcs.region.jcsCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName,
other than LRUMemoryCache.

3. Is the JCS is fully developed to use it for any production, or still in development phase.

4. Is there any other available caching techniques available in the market as in open source
to fulfill my need (My Need : In my application, I need to hit the db for around 1000 fetches
from 15 - 20 tables, and 1000 insertion/updation in 5 - 8 tables, in a minute, to produce
the output to the user within some minimum time period from the time of user request). If
so, could u pls send my some helpful tips.

Awaiting for the solution from the experts.

Regards
K.Anand Kumar