jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Memory leak problem
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 16:00:16 GMT
The shrinker periodically wakes up and looks for expired elements.

It doesn't keep the memory under the max.  That's done when you put an
item into the cache.

I think I saw that you had the shrinker come on every few seconds,
correct me if I'm wrong.  I was afraid that it would keep references to
everything if it was always running.  Now I'm not sure that could
happen.

Aaron