jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Regd Serializing Cache
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 03:08:21 GMT
I guess what you are trying to do is to create something like the
commons logger in front of the cache.  This is a good idea if you want
to switch caches, but it can have a slight effect on performance.

Ideally, you would just get the cache region in a class like you would a
logger and store it as an instance variable.  This does tie your code to
JCS though if you don't have a wrapper.

Aaron

This
> lessens the possibility for stale data.  It is almost always better to
> restart a application without cached data.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aaron

functionality