jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From James Taylor <ja...@jamestaylor.org>
Subject Re: JCS fixes/branch
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 14:48:21 GMT

> If there are significant changes, one way to go it to add the changed
> auxiliaries as new implementations.  Then, the old ones can be
> depreciated or eventually removed.  For simple bug fixes, this is
> clearly not necessary.

One of the things I did when re-implementing the JGroups auxiliary was
to put it under 'auxiliary-builds' with it's own build script and such.
I think this is a good idea in general for any new or significantly
changed auxiliaries. One nice thing about this is you can have two
auxiliaries with the same class names and just choose which one to put
in your classpath at runtime: true drop in replacements.