jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: Finally, JCS updated links.
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:07:59 GMT

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your contribution here - it's greatly appreciated.  I'm just
trying to "Maven" this code - have you written any test cases for the
changes you've made? I'd like to add them to the project definitions if
you have - I couldn't see any in the JCS zip :)

Thanks,

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Travis Savo [mailto:tsavo@IFILM.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 April 2004 12:49 p.m.
To: 'Turbine JCS Users List'
Subject: Finally, JCS updated links.

Whereas the demand for my updated code was greater than expected;
Whereas I'm getting tired of sending 4 meg worth of attachments to
everyone; Whereas some people can't receive 4 meg worth of attachments;
Whereas some people probably think this whole thread is a Yet Another
April Fools Joke;

I've allocated some space on my server and am making the code available
for all to download via HTTP.

Please don't slashdot this, please don't download it 500 million times,
and please don't kill me if at some point in the future (after I get
everything's published for real) it goes away.

It's not complete by my standards... there's not enough javadoc and
documentation for a 1.0 release. But the code itself is being used
heavily, WITH 4 remote caches, in a 50 server webfarm, and it's
beautiful.

Here you go: JCS with no memory leak, no deadlocking disk cache, and a
bug
free(?) and significantly improved remote cache.

http://sindome.org/JCS/JCS.zip

Also the link to the EHCache with disk persistence.

http://sindome.org/JCS/ehcache-persistent.zip

Taking the EHCache persistent disk store and patching it for JCS is left
as an exercise to the reader, but as they now share very common code
bases (the JCS above uses the original EHCache DiskStore, and the
persistent DiskStore is just a mod to that), it should be fairly
trivial.

Any and all comments are welcome. My goal is to get this stuff remerged
into the main JCS codebase, but would love some assistance and feedback
before I make it that far.

-Travis Savo

For additional commands, e-mail: