jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Selena Dewar" <Selena.De...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: unable to interact with remote server
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:43:57 GMT

Hi Aaron,

We're having a play with those scripts and have added region and groupid
information to the ccf (but not with any improvement as yet).  When we
run with the '-stats 1102' we get a ConnectException which may or may
not be a clue.

JCS logfile (part) after running with -stats option
2004-04-28 01:16:16,887 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -
getting cache stats
2004-04-28 01:16:16,891 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -
looking up server
//:1102/org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.behavior.IRemoteCacheService
2004-04-28 01:16:17,037 [main] ERROR
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory -
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 172.26.121.92;
nested exception is:
2004-04-28 01:16:17,037 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory - done.

It might help if I explain what we are trying to achieve.  We have a
remote server with multiple clients and the clients will only be using
remote cache (no lateral or disk cache) so the only disk cache happening
is on the sole remote server.
Given this information, what information/parameters should we be
explicitly setting in both the remote.cache.ccf(server) and
default.ccf(client).

Thanks again,
Selena

(latest remote.cache.ccf below)
--------------------------------------
# DEFAULT CACHE REGION
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseLateral=false
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=24000
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=180000
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# System CACHE REGION
jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeC
acheAttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.e
ngine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementA
ttributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.system.groupIdCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
jcs.region.main=DC
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttr
ibutes
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.me
mory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.main.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/www/cocoon/webapps/cocoon/index-di
sk-cache

# Registry used to register and provide the
# IRemoteCacheService service.
registry.host=localhost
registry.port=1102
# call back port to local caches.