jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Travis Savo <ts...@IFILM.com>
Subject RE: unable to interact with remote server
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:40:58 GMT
Looks like the remote cache is starting up fine, and binding to the port
(which is good news).

The next place I'd be looking is at the cache.ccf for the clients (which you
didn't include). I noticed you used a different port than the one I did... I
use 1099, but really this should make no difference assuming the client is
also pointing at the same port.

Let's take a look at that client cache.ccf, yeah?

-Travis Savo

-----Original Message-----
From: Selena Dewar [mailto:Selena.Dewar@tvnz.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:32 PM
To: turbine-jcs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: unable to interact with remote server

Hello,

We're trying to get an instance of JCS remote caching working and have
run into some trouble.  Would someone be able to look over our ccf and
see if anything is amiss?

We have had no problems with the build, and can run from commandline on
the remote server with no problems but any request to that port gets
disconnected.  We get no errors in our logs.

Running from commandline
---------------------------------
java -classpath
.:commons-configuration-20040425.jar:commons-lang-2.0.jar:commons-loggin
g-1.0.3.jar:hsqldb-1.7.1.jar:javagroups-2.0.1.jar:jisp-2.5.1.jar:junit.j
ar:log4j-1.2.7.jar:servlet.jar:util.concurrent-1.3.3.jar:velocity-200404
25.jar:xercesImpl.jar:xml-apis.jar:xmlrpc-1.2-b1.jar
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory
remote.cache.ccf

Here is stdout on startup (if we run without log4j-1.2.7.jar):
---------------------------------
27/04/2004 18:28:23
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
setDefaultAuxValues
INFO: setting defaults to DC
27/04/2004 18:28:23
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
setDefaultCompositeCacheAttributes
INFO: setting defaultCompositeCacheAttributes to [ useLateral = false,
useRemote = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs = 1000 ]
27/04/2004 18:28:23
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
setDefaultElementAttributes
INFO: setting defaultElementAttributes to [ IS_LATERAL = false, IS_SPOOL
= true, IS_REMOTE = true, IS_ETERNAL = true, MaxLifeSeconds = 24000,
IdleTime = 180000, CreateTime = 1083104903898, LastAccessTime =
1083104903898, getTimeToLiveSeconds() = 23999972, createTime =
1083104903898 ]

This is the remote.cache.ccf
----------------------------------
# DEFAULT CACHE REGION
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseLateral=false
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=24000
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=180000
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/www/cocoon/webapps/cocoon/index-di
sk-cache
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.RemoteTypeName=LOCAL

# Registry used to register and provide the
# IRemoteCacheService service.
registry.host=localhost
registry.port=1102
# call back port to local caches.
remote.cache.service.port=1102

Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Selena