jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Thod" <TNgu...@corp.untd.com>
Subject RE: Finally, JCS updated links.
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:19:18 GMT
Thanks Travis.

Did you include the below patches from Christian in your current JCS source
code?

I have included my changes and hope that someone will check them.

Concerning the alive flag which is used throughout the whole tool, I would
like to know why so many methods do have the right to change it. From my
point of view, only one method per cache type should be able to toggle it. I

think that the concrete dispose methods should be the ones to set it to
false. Therefore I removed alive = false from various methods.

ICacheEventQueue: I added a method isEmpty to the interface. This idea
behind
it is, to check if the cache event queue is empty. This has to be called in
AbstractDiskCache#dispose() to ensure that all elements are processed before

the shutdown of the system.

CompositeCache#dispose(): The setting of alive from true to false has to be
removed.

CacheEventQueue: Implemented isEmpty from the ICacheEventQueue interface.
The method returns the boolean value of head == tail.

AbstractDiskCache#dispose: The method ICacheEventQueue#isEmpty is constantly

called until the return value is true. Then doDispose() has to be called.
The alive flag which has been set to false at the beginning of the method,
has
to be removed.

With regards,
  Christian