jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Christian Kreutzfeldt <christian.kreutzfe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Disk Cache Persistence
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:22:32 GMT
On Friday 02 April 2004 00:10, Baum, Karl wrote:
> Hmmm that sounds very usefull.  Why don't you contribute your addition
> to JCS and EHCache?
Why the heck should I post it another time? Sorry for being so rude, but I
submitted the patch three times and no-one really realized that. I am somewhat
like angry about the people who are sitting on the project code. The cache
is really useful and the only reason why it can't be used in production
environments is that the disk cache does not work as expected?!
I would really appreciated it if JCS would be moved to jakarta / apache
as an official project since it is a standalone project.

Whom do I have to contact to make a clear statement about that?

BTW, Corin is about to check the changes out. I don't know if they are
really good, but they seem to fix the problem. I think that a review
would be good and it would be also good to have some more people
checking that bug. Beside that the JCS cache needs a profiling check....
see the EHCache page and their hints that the JCS does have memory
leaks.

With regards,
  Christian