jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Estefano Eduardo" <eduardo.estef...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Configuration with multiple Tomcat webapps
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:42:24 GMT
I don't have experience with tomcat in particular, but I think they
should because the webapps are using different classloaders.

In any case, I think the jcs jar must be in the same classloader "level"
as your application, otherwise jcs will not be able to deserialize your
objects that are placed in disk cache.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell [mailto:russell_ml@myfastmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 03 February, 2004 7:15
To: Turbine JCS Users List
Subject: Configuration with multiple Tomcat webapps

I have several webapps running in one Tomcat instance. My concern is
with JCS keeping caches in the different webapps independent.

If I put a cache.ccf file in each webapp-specific WEB-INF/classes
directory and a copy of the JCS jar file in each webapp-specific
WEB-INF/lib directory, will the caches be separate for each webapp, even
though they use the same region names? ---russell_ml@myfastmail.com