jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Kreutzfeldt" <kreutzfe...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Cache Key (Disk Cache - Indexed) -- How to make key persistent
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:51:07 GMT
Hi!

> Indexed Disk Cache stores keys in memory, Is it possible to store it on
> disk so that when I restart server and accesses Cache, I can retrieve
> cache item?
It is possible and sometimes the Indexed Disk Cache does write the data
to the disk, but the more common case is that the data are not written to
disk! The reason seems to be a flag 'alive' which is set to false too early,
namely BEFORE all data should be written to disk. Unfortunately the
writing process heavily relies on that flag. I submitted the same bug at
least two times and someone else also found it, but there were no one
willing to fix that up to now.

Kind regards,
  Christian Kreutzfeldt