jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Natekar, Leena (Cognizant)" <Lee...@pun.cognizant.com>
Subject JCS in cluster environment
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:11:56 GMT
Hi,

I am new to JCS and just exploring clustering...

I would like to know how JCS behaves in a cluster environment. I understand from the documentation
that I can configure a Remote auxillary cache for Failover( cache.ccf configuration).
What I would like to know is
1. If disk cache is configured along with the remote auxillary cache then objects will be
written to local disk after the in memory objects are more than the max limit. When would
they be stored on the remote auxillary cache ? Does the client conitnuosly broadcast the cache
updates to the servers?
2. In case of a failure of client, would the in memory cached objects as well as the objects
written to the local disk be replicated ?

Thanks and Regards,
Leena.