jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Rosenbaum <drosenb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hello bookCache
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:45:07 GMT
Paulo,

Do you have the jar file from the apache commons logging
project?

Daniel

--- paulo caroli <pcaroli@corp.blah.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am new to jcs and I am trying to run the BookCache sample
> available in the
> web site
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/UsingJCSBasicWeb.html)
>
> I changed the cache.ccf to make it work as a local cache
> (please find
> cache.ccf below).
>

> I added the toString method to BookVObjManager class
>

> public class BookVObjManager
>
> { .
>
>   public String toString()
>
>    {
>
>      return bookCache.toString();
>
>    }
>
> .
>

> I created a TestBookCache for istantiating the BookVObjManager
> and try using
> the cache.
>

> public class TestBookCache {

>     System.out.println("TestBookCache.");
>
>     System.out.println();
>
>     try
>
>     {
>
>       BookVObjManager cache = BookVObjManager.getInstance();
>
>       System.out.println("BookVObjManager.getInstance()");
>

>       System.out.println("cache.toString()");
>
>       System.out.println(cache.toString());
>

>       BookVObj book1 = cache.getBookVObj(1);
>

>       System.out.println("cache.toString()");
>
>       System.out.println(cache.toString());
>
>     }
>
>     catch (Exception exc)
>
>     {
>
>         exc.printStackTrace();
>
>     }
>

>   }
>

> }
>

> When executing I get the following error:
>
> TestBookCache.
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
>
>         at

org.apache.jcs.access.CacheAccess.<clinit>(CacheAccess.java:90)

>         at BookVObjManager.<init>(BookVObjManager.java:17)
>
>         at
> BookVObjManager.getInstance(BookVObjManager.java:36)
>
>         at TestBookCache.main(TestBookCache.java:11)
>
> Exception in thread "main"
>

> Any hints?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paulo
>

> Cache.ccf

> # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
>
> jcs.default=DC

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=2000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru
> .LRUMemoryCache

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes

> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
>
> jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=2400
>
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
>
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
>
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
>
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
>

> #Region
>
> jcs.region.bookCache =DC

jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAtt
> ributes
>
> jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=4000

jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.m
> emory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
>
> jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true

jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.bookCache.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=600

jcs.region.bookCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttribut