jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Waggott <ge...@webartjapan.com>
Subject Remote Cache Server usage
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:54:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at using remote caching but currently can't get the server
to run.

I checked the JCS project out of CVS and built it using maven.

The src/scripts/startRemoteCache.bat sscript is for windows so I rewrote
it for linux. It didn't run because there was no
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.group.RemoteGroupCacheServerFactory
class in the maven built jcs-1.0-dev.jar, so I tried
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory instead.
That didn't run because there was no RMI stub class for
RemoteCacheServer. Not knowing how to modify the maven project to run
rmic I wrote an Ant script to do it.

the getGroupKeys method declared in IRemoteCacheService wasn't declared
properly. After changing to have IOException in its throws clause rmic
successfully generated the stub.

So now when trying to start the cache server passing the absolute path
of a cache.ccf file as it's only parameter I get the following exception:

        at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:59)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:84)
        at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:73)
        at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:184)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:203)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.createCacheManager(RemoteCacheServer.java:186)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.init(RemoteCacheServer.java:158)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.<init>(RemoteCacheServer.java:145)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.startup(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:152)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:283)

Is this because it can't find the config file I specified on the command
line or some other properties file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff