jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Rosenbaum <drosenb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: out of memory error with TestDiskCache
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:32:38 GMT
Shaohua,

I have a feeling this is the same problem discussed in the
recent thread "Memory test".  Look there for my comments about
cache events not firing quickly enough to keep up with the loop,
so the items are not being removed from the purgatory quickly
enough either.  This is causing memory to run out before the
loop ends.

Daniel

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/xref-test/index.html(only
> mod is
> package).
> copied a config file. contents below
>
> test
> run test. a success.
> modified number of items to 200000, out of memory.
>
> Could someone tell me what is the problem? 200000 keys won't
> consume that
> much memory, would them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> shaohua
>
> config file ( I tried with different maxobjects attr and no
> help)
>
> # Cache configuration for the 'TestDiskCache' test. The memory
> cache has a
> # a maximum of 100 objects, so objects should get pushed into
> the disk
> cache
>
> jcs.default=indexedDiskCache

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> # SYSTEM GROUP ID CACHE
> jcs.system.groupIdCache=indexedDiskCache

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> ##### CACHE REGIONS FOR TEST
>
> jcs.region.indexedRegion1=indexedDiskCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=5000

jcs.region.indexedRegion1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> jcs.region.indexedRegion2=indexedDiskCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100

jcs.region.indexedRegion2.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> jcs.region.indexedRegion3=indexedDiskCache

jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100

jcs.region.indexedRegion3.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> jcs.region.indexedRegion4=indexedDiskCache2

jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100

jcs.region.indexedRegion4.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

> ##### AUXILIARY CACHES
>
> # Indexed Disk Cache

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache.attributes.DiskPath=D:/archive/jcs/indexed-disk-cache

> # Indexed Disk Cache

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.indexedDiskCache2.attributes.DiskPath=D:/archive/jcs/indexed-disk-cache2