jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Hanson Char <HC...@realm.com>
Subject RE: composite keys and cache entries keys retrieval
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:10:40 GMT
>in memory

should be in the cache system, not necessarily in memory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanson Char
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 8:10 AM
To: 'Turbine JCS Users List'
Subject: RE: composite keys and cache entries keys retrieval

This sounds like a cache as relational database feature to me, in that when
a cache is created, the "schema" of the cache can be specified so that
multiple "indexes" to each cache item can be automatically updated by the
cache provider code when items are add/update/delete to the specific cache.

If such feature is available, one can retrieve a cache item not only via 1
key (composite or not) but via other "candidate keys" as well.  Yet there
will exist only 1 copy of cache item in memory at all time.

Hanson