jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Fulco Houkes" <foux....@foux.net>
Subject composite keys and cache entries keys retrieval
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:28:16 GMT

Hi,

(Sorry for this cross-posting, I noticed I send it to the wrong mailing list. My appologizes.)

I'm try to use a composite key for all the cache entries; the composite key is combination
of a pageID and a username. I need to be able to invalidate all the cache entries related
to a specific pagesID as well as all the cache entries related to a username independently.

I tried to use groups for this purpose, but it seems the entries are duplicated into the different
groups, so it's not solving my problem. I've been looking for using the ":" hierarchy features,
but the "very-light" documentation does present much on the subject, and I could not remove
entries using the pattern  ":"+ myKey +":". As far as I understood it, it's only possible
to use this functionality with the myKey+":" pattern.

Finally I opted to retrieve all the cache entries keys and filter myself the entries to be
invalidated. But I could not found any method (from the JCS class) returning a Set/Enumeration/...
of keys of all the the cache entries. The IMemoryCache interface has a getKeyArray() method,
which does the job, but this method is not used within the inherited classes.

Does anyone know how to retrieve the keys of all the entries present in the cache, without
having to change the source code?

Thanks a lot.
Fulco Houkes