jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Honig, Daniel" <DHo...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Changing the default configuration behaviour
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:16:20 GMT
I think it would be cleaner to have

 configure(String){} call a new method configure(InputStream).

 Configure(String) should just build an InputStream and invoke
configure(InputStream)
with the stream it got from the classpath or filesystem.
configure(inputstream) would then
do the work.

I didn't take this approach due to time, I just slapped this together though
and for now it seems to work fairly well.
I can submit the patch in the form I mentioned above or just go with this:
/**
     * Configure from specific properties file
     *
     * @param propFile Path <u>within classpath</u> to load configuration
from
     */
    public void configure( String propFile )
    {
        log.debug( "Creating cache manager from config file: " + propFile );
        Properties props = new Properties();

        InputStream is=null;
        try
        {
			//Check to see if we can get the file in propFile
from the claspath.
			//If not check the fileSystem for(propFile)
			is=getClass().getResourceAsStream( propFile );
			if(is==null)
		        is = new FileInputStream(new File(propFile));

            props.load( is );

            if ( log.isDebugEnabled() )
            {
                log.debug( "File contained " + props.size() + " properties"
);
            }
        }
        catch ( IOException ex )
        {
            log.error( "Failed to load properties", ex );
            throw new IllegalStateException( ex.getMessage() );
        }
        finally
        {
            try