jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <aasm...@wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Changing the default configuration behaviour
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:19:11 GMT
Why isn't it desired.  You basically just said that you have a rule or a
procedure, but you didn't say why.  Did you ask why you were told it
wasn't for the best?

We can figure out another way.  You used to be able to initiate JCS by
passing it the location of the configuration file.

Do you want to hard code the location of the configuraiton file or do
you have a configuration file that specifies the location of other
configuration files and you want to read that file with a special
configuration program?

This is bothering me.  I really can't stand rules unless they are
justified and for the best.  I'd like to know why you won't put a
directory for configuration files in the classpath.  What are the
benefits?  I assume it must be security related.

You can't control access to this file?

You can make it so that the application cannot write to it if you are
afraid that someone will sneak in some code to modify it.

I'm curious about why you have this policy and whether it makes sense.

Aaron

One