jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Honig, Daniel" <DHo...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: JCS & J2EE
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:06:52 GMT
I'd love to collaborate on this.  Time doesn't look too good though.  But
I'm sure we coudl get
a minimal implementation down.  I don't like idea of running socket based
cacheing in a J2EE
environment.   I think using JMS to synchronize caches would be a superior
solution and take
JCS to the next level.

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Hazlewood [mailto:lhazlewood@transdynatlanta.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 10:55 AM
To: 'Turbine JCS Users List'
Subject: RE: JCS & J2EE

Absolutely, there's interest!

That’s why I asked about pluggable components.

One could come up with a communications interface that allows you to
send/receive updates.

My thoughts were that the communications interface would remain the same
(avoiding code changes) and provide coding abstraction, while the underlying
implementation used JMS or Sockets, depending on the deployment
requirements.

Les Hazlewood

P.S. So I'm assuming this means JCS doesn't support J2EE environements?
Anyone know about threading issues with JCS that prevent execution in a J2EE
environment?