jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Todd Carmichael <to...@concur.com>
Subject RE: TestDiskCacheConcurrent fails while building JCS with Maven
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:10:42 GMT
I think this is a problem with Maven.  The project.properties file for jcs
sets the following property:

maven.junit.fork = true

This creates a brand new VM process.  However, that process is not started
with settings from the current process (e.g. -Xmx160m etc).  I emailed the
guys on the maven project and they have patched the junit plugin to look at
the project.properties file for arguments to the new jvm process like shown
below:

maven.junit.jvmargs=-Xms160m

I am in the middle of testing this out know.  Of course to get this you must
use the latest maven (as of 3/26/2003)  I don't know when they are supposed
to 'release' a new beta.  If change the above property line to false, you
will definitely see different behavior but still it fails in another place
which I have not dug into.

That is all I know so far.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: David Vandegrift [mailto:dvandegrift@bluearc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 5:20 PM
To: 'turbine-jcs-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: TestDiskCacheConcurrent fails while building JCS with Maven

The following error occurs when running "maven java:jar"
test-classes
    [junit] Running org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCache
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 15.963 s
    [junit] Running org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 15.513 s
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent FAILED

Any idea why this test is failing?
The compilation and all other tests succeed.
Can anybody else successfully build (and hence test) JCS?

I downloaded JCS from the cvs head today.
And I downloaded Maven 1.0-beta-8 today, which means that all dependent jars
were "freshly" downloaded to my local maven repository :-) Of course, I can
comment out the offending test from project.xml but I'd sleep better at
night knowing what the real issue is.

Thanks,
   David

Build Environment:
  * Sun JDK 1.4.1_01
  * Maven 1.0-beta-8
  * Windows 2000
  * Debian Linux   (same issue on both Windows & Linux)

The TestDiskCachConcurrent test report contains the final few lines:

13499 [Thread-2] DEBUG control.CompositeCache  - indexedRegion4 - Miss
------------- ---------------- ---------------

Testcase: testIndexedDiskCache1 took 5.308 sec
	FAILED
expected:<indexedRegion4 data 31> but was:<null>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<indexedRegion4 data 31> but
was:<null>
	at
org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent.runTestForRegion(TestDiskCacheConcurr
ent.java:176)
	at
org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent$1.runTest(TestDiskCacheConcurrent.jav
a:101)
	at junit.extensions.ActiveTestSuite$1.run(ActiveTestSuite.java:26)

Testcase: testIndexedDiskCache1Testcase: testIndexedDiskCache3 took 6.169
sec
	FAILED
expected:<indexedRegion4 data 2028> but was:<null>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<indexedRegion4 data 2028>
but was:<null>
	at
org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent.runTestForRegion(TestDiskCacheConcurr
ent.java:176)
	at
org.apache.jcs.TestDiskCacheConcurrent$3.runTest(TestDiskCacheConcurrent.jav
a:117)
	at junit.extensions.ActiveTestSuite$1.run(ActiveTestSuite.java:26)

Testcase: testIndexedDiskCache3Testcase: testIndexedDiskCache2 took 13.85
sec

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential. It may only be read, copied
and used by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s), you may not copy, use, distribute, forward, store or disclose
this e-mail or any attachment. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or
have otherwise received this e-mail in error, you should destroy it and any
attachment and notify the sender by reply e-mail or send a message to
sysadmin@bluearc.com