jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Desai, Mehul P" <MPDe...@directv.com>
Subject RE: MaxLifeSeconds
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:44:10 GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply. We are not setting maxIdle. We are also using
an auxiliary disk cache (cache.ccf file is below). Does that mean that when
our servers are rebooted, the cache is written to disk and brought back into
memory when the server comes back up - so as you say - we NEVER ever refresh
the cache once we put something into it?

The documentation mentions the following about Persistance,
" When the disk cache is properly shutdown, the memory index is written to
disk and the value file is defragmented. When the cache starts up, the disk
cache can be configured to read or delete the index file. This provides an
unreliable persistence mechanism."

Not sure if this is relevant to my question -  but does the above support
what I think is happening - that the cache is never being refreshed or
purged? Also on "When the disk cache is properly shutdown" - how do I
"properly" shutdown the disk cache?

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru
.LRUMemoryCache

# System CACHE REGION
jcs.system.groupIdCache=DC
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCache
Attributes
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.system.groupIdCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engin
e.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFacto
ry
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDis
kCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=@jcs.cache.location@