jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Kreutzfeldt" <kreutzfe...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Help !
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:58:02 GMT
Hi!

>currently looking to use JCS. Could you please tell me where I can get hold
of the required jar files ?
Download the sources from CVS, install maven and type maven.bat in the
directory of the jcs
sources where the maven.xml file is located. Maven should download all
required jar files into
its repository

>Also is it ok to use at its present stage ? This is because I noticed the
"To Do" list had quite a
>few important features left (XML Config, LFU memcache etc.).
It depends which features you want to use. I replaced oscache by jcs during
the last week and found
no problems so far. I use the indexed disk cache and the remote cache. Well,
the indexed disk cache
has some problems, but there were some source codes posted on this mailing
list which solved them.
I think they were even submitted to the dev-list.

>Finally is there some "startup" guide with samples for beginners ? My basic
requirement was to speed
I for myself find the documentation a little bit too short but it tells you
everything you need to know.
There are some points that are not really easy to understand but if you
start playing around with the
tool you will understand the meaning. Some examples would be really cool.

>layer under the web service layer.So I needed to cache resultset data for a
specific amount of time at each layer.
You can cache an type of data that is somewhere inherited from
java.lang.Object.

Christian
--
subshell gmbh