jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: VOTE JCS RELEASE [3 days, ends 8/25 midnight EST]
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:52:10 GMT
Aaron Smuts <asmuts@yahoo.com> writes:

+1 Getting a release is a good thing. Thanks Aaron and all the other JCS folks
for the work.

	Best regards
		Henning

>I would like to hold a vote for a JCS release.  The
>previous vote was all in favor but it was mismanaged.
>Please take the time to vote again.

>Just recently, there have been several significant
>improvements.  Most notably the Indexed Disk Cache has
>in place optimization, the MySQL Disk Cache has
>scheduled optimization, and the remote cache has
>Zombie queuing.  There have been several other bug
>fixes.

>We have come to embrace JIRA for bug tracking and we
>are trying to get the test coverage up.  The live
>coverage is now above 54% and the branch coverage is
>significantly higher.

>All of the major auxiliaries are in heavy production
>use.  At Travelocity alone we use every plugin.  The
>remote cache server is used in cluster mode backed by
>the MySQL Disk Cache and receives over 15 million
>insertions a day.  The Indexed Disk Cache is receiving
>hundreds of millions of retrievals a day.. . . .

>The code is stable.  The features are rich.  We have a
>great bug tracking system in place.  And the code is
>production hardened in one of the world's biggest
>ecommerce sites.

>It's time for a formal release.  Please reply with
>your +1 to release what is in head as JCS 1.3.0.

>Cheers,

>Aaron Smuts

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia