jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <tcro...@interwoven.com>
Subject RE: VOTE JCS RELEASE [3 days, ends 8/25 midnight EST]
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:02:19 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Smuts [mailto:asmuts@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:48 PM
To: jcs-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: VOTE JCS RELEASE [3 days, ends 8/25 midnight EST]

I would like to hold a vote for a JCS release.  The
previous vote was all in favor but it was mismanaged.
Please take the time to vote again.

Just recently, there have been several significant
improvements.  Most notably the Indexed Disk Cache has
in place optimization, the MySQL Disk Cache has
scheduled optimization, and the remote cache has
Zombie queuing.  There have been several other bug
fixes.

We have come to embrace JIRA for bug tracking and we
are trying to get the test coverage up.  The live
coverage is now above 54% and the branch coverage is
significantly higher.

All of the major auxiliaries are in heavy production
use.  At Travelocity alone we use every plugin.  The
remote cache server is used in cluster mode backed by
the MySQL Disk Cache and receives over 15 million
insertions a day.  The Indexed Disk Cache is receiving
hundreds of millions of retrievals a day.. . . .

The code is stable.  The features are rich.  We have a
great bug tracking system in place.  And the code is
production hardened in one of the world's biggest
ecommerce sites.

It's time for a formal release.  Please reply with
your +1 to release what is in head as JCS 1.3.0.

Cheers,

Aaron Smuts