jakarta-jcs-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajkumar Singh" <raj.si...@patni.com>
Subject RE: Lateral cache PutOnlyMode attribute significance
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:13:48 GMT
Aaron

Thanks for the reply once again.

Actually we wanted to understand the significance of "PutOnlyMode". What we
had understood was that If PutOnlyMode is set to true then any get operation
will result in returning a NULL value. However, our experiment showed that
whatever be value of "PutOnlyMode" any put will result in broadcasting of
the data and eventually get returning that object instead of NULL.

Thanks
Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Smuts, Aaron [mailto:aaronsm@amazon.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. November 2004 04:31
To: Turbine JCS Developers List; raj.singh@patni.com
Subject: RE: Lateral cache PutOnlyMode attribute significance

Sorry to mislead you.  There is no configuration parameter called
IsGetEnabled.  I said that "PutOnlyMode" should be called that, but it isn't
right now.

The lateral cache should have data that was broadcast.  That's correct.  It
should passively receive it, but not try to retrive it.

There is no way to stop a lateral cache from receivining data from another
lateral cache that it is configured to receive data from.  If you don't want
to receivie the data, don't setup the lateral cache.

I suppose you are trying to broadcast 1 way: put but not receive?

Aaron