jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Jakarta Cactus 1.8.1
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:24:23 GMT
Hi Henry,

I followed your instructions and luckily was able to reproduce the
behaviour.
What I did was:

unzip rc-1
mvn clean install -> Did not fail;
change the localrepostiry to~/.m2/repository1
rm -rf rc1
unzip rc-1
mvn clean install -> FAILED!!!!

Next steps:
exactly the same, but against the trunk. In the trunk we print the
testinput.dir property.
I was not amazed that the testinput.dir was printed to be.src/test-input.
What amazed me was the value of testInputDir.getAbsolutePath()
It was

/home/peter/bin/workspace/cactus-1.8.1-rc1-src/src/test-input

The problem was that my test-input should reside in
/home/peter/bin/workspace/cactus-1.8.1-rc1-src/integration/ant/src/test-input

You see somehow Maven misinterpretes the ${basedir} and
suggests it to be the root of the project, instead of /root/integration/ant/

I thought that this might be connected with the issue I told sebb about:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-98

and since this issue is resolved I updated to the latest version of the
surefire plugin
and tested again. This time it all worked for me.

So now I think that it is all fine.

In trunk I have committed to use the latest version of
surefire plugin.

Can you retest the trunk and let me know the result.

Thanks, Petar.