jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: testing.apache.org
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:46:52 GMT

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Phil Steitz wrote:

> I was not planning to attend the board mtg - I just volunteered to fill
> in by preparing the Jakarta report and submitting it on Hen's behalf.  I
> don't think delegates / proxies are allowed at board mtgs.   I am happy
> to do whatever I can to help make sure the proposal gets fairly
> reviewed, though.

Any member can call in to the board meeting as a guest - for the last few
I've been calling in as a guest just out of interest to see what goes on,
and as I'm there I get asked about the Jakarta bits that come up.

> It would seem a reasonable request to have one of the people on the
> proposal attend the meeting to represent Testing.  Does anyone know how
> this kind of thing has been handled in the past at board meetings?

Imprompty IRC conversations I suspect, and someone on the board being
tasked with sending a reply to the people taking up the resolution. I
didn't do a very good job of making notes of that when I was listening in,
so my passing of information back is a bit anaemic.

Hen