jakarta-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc management
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:24:10 GMT
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:49:08 -0500 (EST), Henri Yandell
<bayard@generationjava.com> wrote:

> Interested in finding out if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea.
>
> Rather than have each subproject managing their release javadocs
> separately, I think it would be good if we treated the javadoc more like
> the releases. Located in a central location, perhaps mirrored, all
> versions available and perhaps with additional tools like ashkelon or
> multidoc to bring them together.

I guess I'm hoping for something like:

   http://api.apache.org/$group/$artifact/$version/

with features like

   * download the javadocs
   * search javadocs
   * have javadocs linked to source reference  (so maybe have an 'api'
and a 'src' directory)
   * have javadocs linked to each other
   * include test and taglib javadocs

Plus it's got to be pretty simple to set this up or for projects to
contribute to it.

I like the idea of including javadocs as part of the release process
and I like the idea of encouraging projects to host the lastest
javadocs on their own site.

--
  jaaron