jakarta-general mailing list archives

From "Rajaneesh" <rajaneesh.acha...@slk-soft.com>
Subject RE: [site] Label for promoted Jakarta project
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:45:42 GMT
Had a basic questions..

In what way is the Jakartha community different from Apache community?

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Angus [mailto:danny.angus@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:06 PM
To: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: [site] Label for promoted Jakarta project

We did remove the graduated TLP's  from the nav some while ago, I
think it was me who did it.
But put it back when people started asking for it, the idea was that
many people, including some of "us" tend to go to jakarta.apache first
and click links to get to ant, struts et-al.

I tend to think that if we're keeping the table of promoted projects
we should get away without the nav, replace it with a single link to
the table if you still want to satisfy the hidebound.

I think the rule could be, if we've had a link on jakarta.apache we'll
keep it, if not go to www.apache.

Sub projects can still list important related stuff in their own nav.

d.