jakarta-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: entering jakarta
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:41:29 GMT

On Mar 3, 2004, at 7:24 AM, Paulo Simao wrote:

> Hi Folks
> I´m new in the group. I read all the docs in jakarta site, but I´m not
> sure about the process for donating code and starting a project.
> It would be very helpfull, if someone could give me a small guidance.''

If you have some contributions to make for an existing Jakarta
sub-project, work with that community via the mail lists.  If you have
and idea about something new to start, you have two options.  If
appropriate to the Jakarta Commons, you might try to ignite a
discussion about your ideas there.  If it's larger and far enough along
in development, the Apache Incubator would be a good place to discuss.

geir

geir@4quarters.com