jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: [License] for jars in CVS
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 09:15:00 GMT

> I see what you are saying, but why is this an issue only with OGNL? Is it
because of license
> incompatibilities? 'Cause there are other jars in CVS both Apache and
non-Apache.
Harish,

It isn't only an issue with OGNL, it is a general issue which has been
bubbling away for months.
In principle it is not good to have Jars in CVS. In practice it makes life
much easier for many people. There are moves afoot to produce some kind of
jar download site which would provide the convenience of automated
downloads with Ant or Maven, and comply with licence issues, and not
require jars to be in CVS, cvs is not great at handling binaries.

d.

viruses.