jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promotion of Tapestry to Jakarta SubProject
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:47:09 GMT

Quote:

"Tapestry is an alternative to scripting environments such as JavaServer
Pages or Velocity. Tapestry goes far further, providing a complete
framework for creating extremely dynamic applications with minimal amounts
of coding."

If Tapestry lives up to its promise than it could well be a domain-killer
project.

Admittedly, I have not yet made the required investment to properly study
Tapestry. However, the project seems to display many of
the  characteristics of a successful Apache project. It offers a very
useful abstraction. It seems be well documented and to benefit from an
active developer community lead by a focused and dedicated individual.

Tapestry treads on the same turf as existing Jakarta projects (e.g.
Velocity, Struts). However, Tapestry seems to offer a complete solution
rather than parts of it.

Given the above, here is my (binding) vote:

Jakarta PMC
[X] +1 - Welcome
[ ] +0 - Don't care but don't object
[ ] -0 - Don't like it but don't object