jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Website failings [Was: GUI of the website, where's an overview? (not simply found)]
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:23:11 GMT

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Socha, Henri J,,DMDCWEST wrote:

> Make the list of Jakarta subprojects more prominent. It does not have to be
> on a seperate page, on the main page is fine and probably best. My request
> is placing it and/or links to it in such a position that finding it is
> easier.

I agree. The Welcome and the Sub-projects are the most important parts of
the page, followed closely by the News. Other News and Elsewhere probably
do not need to be the first thing someone reads.

On a legal note, the front page needs to link back to the Apache website
itself.

Other minor notes:

The Welcome in the top left should link to index.html#welcome and not just
index.html.

The navigation structure needs reviewing. There are 12 front page options,
with sub-options.

Any other views out there?