jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Differences between Structs and Turbine ???
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:42:44 GMT
"Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> So putting out crap code that you have to toggle and mess with over and
> over again is where the money is at in web app development.  So what is
> the solution?  There isn't one...web app development is still a big
> hairy mess.  Choice is good. ;-)

Well put, not only this last part, but the whole...

True, XML is a good approach from a technical point of view, but unusable
from some others (don't ask me to teach XSLT to our web guys, please!).

JSPs can work for some, but they definitely introduce drawbacks when
thinking how they are implemented (they destroy my servlet container).

Velocity is simple, doesn't mess around with my servlets, but it's

Tea is fast, quite easy, but again the syntax is bad...

There is _no_optimal_ solution... Just the one that works for you...