jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naming issues
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:49:11 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>>>Therefor I still think Jakarta Commons should fix their naming scheme.
>>>But that will have to be brought up there, not here.
>>
>>It's completely impractical, and will hurt Jakarta immensely.
>>
>>Oh, well, now that I think of it, this is only for projects that have
>>already been released...
>>
>>Other opinions?
>
> Has everyone forgotten that it's not just commons that uses
> org.apache.<projectName> as their java package name within Jakarta.
> > Ant is org.apache.tools.ant
> Turbine is org.apache.turbine
> Velocity is org.apache.velocity
> Struts is org.apache.struts
> etc.

Sure, and Turbine will get a turbine.apache.org site, Ant an
ant.apache.org site... but Commons?

Why not just decide to move the Jakarta Commons projects to Commons and
the Sandbox ones to Incubator?

This is not a proposal for a diktat, but a *suggestion* for Jakarta
Commons projects to take part of the Commons and Incubator Project creation.

  general-subscribe@commons.apache.org

For the incubator the mailing list is not yet ready, will be soon. :-)

> I don't see a realistic proposal being made that renames all of the
> Jakarta Project source code.

Why do you think I posted this message here?  *grrrrr*

             - verba volant, scripta manent -