jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Sun saids Opensource is bad
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:25:08 GMT
"Scott Tavares" <stavares@cox.net> wrote:

> Here we go again... M$ is now trying to take over Apache! Please GOD Help
> us!!!! Anyone got that phone number to become a tractor trailer anywhere?
> I'd rather change profferesions then get in bed with M$
>
> [VOTE] KEEP M$ off Apache!
>
> I for one would rather see it die then be infested with M$ crap!

Wrong. First, we're talking about a LANGUAGE (C#), not M$ crap... Actually,
the language is not that bad, and not that different from Java, so, there is
no point... Second, ATM C# looks more open than Java, not only because of
Mono, but because it's trying to be an ECMA standard... And Finally, if M$
wants to jump on the Apache bandwagon, by playing with OUR rules, well, I'm
not going to stop them (you know that Greg Stein, author of mod_dav, worked
for a LONG time at M$, even when he was doing stuff for the ASF, right?)

    Pier