jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sun saids Opensource is bad
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 13:28:26 GMT
Because it is first step to an open system? If you find a problem with the
virtual machine or the runtime then you can go and fix it. If you need to
reduce the memory foot print due to excessive monitor usage then you can, if
you need to customize native interface for speed or ease of use you can etc.

I think thats got to be better than paying a company so you can find and fix
bugs in their code, begging them to include the fixes (because you can not
fix the bugs in your own version) and then being ignored because your company
does not generate enough revenue for Sun or perhaps because Sun can not
afford to allocate resources for someone to check the bug exists and then
apply fix and make sure fix works. yea!

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:22, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Ok, I'll bite....why is a port of a Java product running on a cut-down
> .NET run time so cool?
> "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote on 08/04/2002 10:57:03 PM:
> > What I think would be cool is a implementation of Tomcat running under
> > C#/mono.
> >
> > Leo Simons wrote:
> > >I'm buying some C# books right now; I just installed mono.

> > technologies on

Peter Donald
| "Common sense is the collection of prejudices        |
|  acquired by age 18. " -Albert Einstein              |