jakarta-general mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: License issue (the come back)
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:31:58 GMT
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro wrote:

> Does not the DMCA expressly prohibit reverse-engineering? Or is it just
> legaleze, not applicable in the real world?

Implementing a published API/specification have nothing to do with
reverse-engineering and I don't think it is prohibited.

What seems to be prohibited by the words in the licence is distributing
a BCL jar togheter with a clean-room implementation of another spec
( which require implementing javax./java. classes ).

Costin