jakarta-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject RE: License issue (the come back)
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:06:13 GMT
My understanding is it prohibits reverse engineering copy protection...
not general things.  Also according to this notable source article:
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/1201/comments/reply/026lane.pdf
it would seem interoperability (I'd read this elsewhere as well) is
still protected.  (So sorry M$, POI's legal :-)

-Andy

--
http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound