jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [Request For Comment] POI @ apache
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:16:09 GMT
on 1/2/02 6:13 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the repost, I realized that I'd incorrectly labeled the
> post a reply (re:) and thought some folks may have not seen it because
> of that.  A quick update, POI is the #10 project on sourceforge this
> morning.

It sounds like your project is plenty successful where it is.

> it makes good "business sense" for Apache as a whole.

Luckily Apache isn't a business, it is a non-profit volunteer organization.

I don't see any convincing reason to bring POI to Jakarta, unless I see that
you have a Jakarta PMC member champion your cause. Stefano's recommendation
to you isn't enough, he or someone else needs to be a committer and
interested in working and overseeing your project.

Did you read:

    <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html>

-jon