jakarta-general mailing list archives

From Gunnar R|nning <gun...@candleweb.no>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] The Commons
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:10:22 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net> writes:

> Seriously - I have to admit I do like some regularity to coding style,
> especially when we have this 'free' environment in Commons where any
> committer can commit anywhere.
>
> However, I was just indicating my dislike for some of the Sun coding
> standards which seemed to be hinted at as useful for Commons.

I also don't like some aspects of the Sun coding guideline - but I still
think they are reasonable as a _guideline_, but I don't think it would be
wise to do yet another discussion on the merits of different coding styles
- most differences are pretty cosmetic anyway - IMNSHO. Regularity is nice,
but don't modify readable code just to reformat ;-)

> > mine kroner,
>
> Isn't that something like US$0.11?

Hopefully getting stronger with the Bush adm. and resulting decline of
the US economy.

god morgen,

	Gunnar