jakarta-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ceki's name
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 19:47:17 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> Gump is dictating.
>
> Ok, so if you die who is going to do the upload?

Gump is open source.  Anybody can run it.

This is an odd argument anyway - why don't you object to the nightly builds
of Ant?

> I also don't agree with only nightly updates of the website (ie: Gump
> being the dictator of the website). I want to be able to update the
> website whenever I want to do it.

Tell me the frequency you would like.  Or build a minimal workspace that
you desire yourself.

Recently, you were discussing the number of human steps required to update
the website.  This reduces the process to checkout, update, commit.
Optional builds are recommended, but not required.  No steps on the server.
If you want to delete something, you delete it in one place (the xdocs
directory), not in two places (the docs directory and the xdocs directory
as you currently have to).

I'm only looking to reduce the number of steps and reduce the possiblity of
human error.

- Sam Ruby