jakarta-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Cooper" <rcoo...@outweb.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and SSL support
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:06:14 GMT
If you are connecting to localhost there is no communication over the
physical layer, so there is not security to worry about. If your tomcat
server is on another machine from your web server then no, the communication
is not secure. This would be one of those times where you would throw down
for a new nic for your boxes and put a dedicated private network behind your
webserver.

Cooper

robert t cooper
applications developer
outweb
"The nice thing about standards is that here are so many to choose from. And
if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another
year until the one arises you are looking for."
--A. Tannenbaum, _Introduction to Computer Networks_