jakarta-ecs-user mailing list archives

From Robert.Matt...@AngleBar.com
Subject Re: Is ECS project still alive?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:03:50 GMT
ECS was created when servlets were the main technology for creating web
pages.  At that time, ECS was an alternative for hard-coding HTML in your
servlets.  Now we have JSPs, XML to XLST, frameworks such as Cocoon,
Tapestry, Wicket., MyFaces, etc  With ECS you are still coding your HTML
in your servlets which is a maintenance nightmare.  The development
community has moved on to MVC frameworks.

"Davi Cesar Martins Nascimento" <dcesarnascimento@gmail.com>
09/25/2007 03:27 PM
Please respond to
"ECS Users List" <ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"ECS Users List" <ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Is ECS project still alive?

The questions are: why it is dead and why it should be dead?